Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eggless Low Fat Mango Ice Cream

Eggless Low Fat Mango Ice Cream


Ingredients
Low Fat Milk - 400 ml + 50 ml
Unsweetened Skimmed Milk Powder - 40 gms ( I used Saagar Milk Powder)
Sugar - 40 gms (use more or les depending on the sweetness of the mango)
Cornflour - 1 tsp
Mango pulp - 400 ml

Method:
Mix together milk powder, sugar and cornflour with 50 ml milk to make a smooth paste without any lumps; this is takes a lot of patience so I whiz mine in the mixie.

Boil the remaining milk, then add the paste slowly stirring continuously and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 2 mins. Let it cool - I cool this in an ice water bath.

Once it cools, add the mango pulp and blend it in the mixie.

Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Tada....enjoy the delicious and creamy mango ice cream!!

(If you don't have an ice cream maker, then blend the ice cream 4-6 times everytime it reaches a semi -soft stage to break the crystals).

No comments:

Post a Comment